Holding Nursing Homes Accountable For Neglect And Abuse
Illinois has a set of strict and complex laws that set the standards for the operation and management of nursing homes. These laws are designed with the intent of protecting the health, safety and welfare of nursing home residents. Unfortunately, as the state’s population continues to age, the demand for nursing homes has grown, leading to overcrowding and understaffing. Rules and regulations are sometimes difficult to enforce, and many seniors are suffering abuse and neglect as a result.
If you believe that someone you love has been abused or neglected in an Illinois nursing home, contact Theriault Booth Attorneys at Law in St. Charles to discuss your concerns and learn about your legal options. Our attorneys are dedicated to fighting for the rights of injury victims, and they have a strong track record of success both in and out of the courtroom.
Recognizing The Signs Of Trouble In Nursing Facilities
Sadly, mistreatment of nursing home residents often goes unreported. When it is reported, however, some of the most common allegations include:
- Violence, physical assault and sexual assault
- Dehydration and malnutrition
- Bedsores (pressure ulcers)
- Open wounds on the skin, craters and deep wounds affecting muscles, bones, tendons and joints
- Falls leading to potentially serious or fatal injuries
- Medication errors, including the failure to administer a needed medication or administering the wrong medication or dosage
- Wandering off or elopement
If you suspect that your loved one is experiencing nursing home abuse or neglect, it’s important to act quickly. Without intervention, the mistreatment is likely to continue and even escalate.
Discuss Your Concerns With An Attorney For Free
You can trust Theriault Booth Attorneys at Law to navigate the complexities often presented in these cases. Our attorneys can help you take the necessary steps to protect your loved one and seek justice on their behalf.